What Graduates Say ...
"I was already a massage therapist, Reiki Master, and student of Shamanism when I took Mary Tyrtle's program. I did so to fill in (healer's level) gaps that I hadnít learned yet, such as soul retrieval, depossession, and vibration healing. Little did I know that the most important classes were the [Everyday Shamanism for Everyone] classes. They truly are the foundation for all healing work.
Understanding yourself, your abilities and limits, and how to keep yourself whole is not only powerful but life changing. I learned so much in those classes that I now talk to most of my clients about them. This is the only program Iíve seen that really prepares you to be able to do your best work not only for your clients but for yourself."
Susan, 2015-2016 graduate
Great for anyone, and a great place to start--no prerequisites!
The program is designed to get the real you, your soul, in charge of your everyday life.
This part of shamanism is more important than the practitioner-level healing modalities. Unfortunately, very few
shamanic teachers offer this vital material.
Graduates are eligible to apply for the Shamanic Spring Practitioner Path ("healers") training and apprenticeship and other intermediate and advanced Shamanic Spring workshops.
About the Program
Sample syllabus links:
- 8 to 10 day-long classes are usually taught once a month or so.
- Class titles differ by instructor, but the content of the material is the same.
- The overall goal of the program is to strengthen your soul's relationship with your ego, body, thoughts, and
emotions so that your soul is running your life more of the time than your ego, body, thoughts, and emotions
and the reactive states they tend to create.
- The program includes a class or two on learning to journey. We use a "core shamanism" drumming method,
but the rest of the journey class is uniquely taught. We give students a clearer understanding of helping spirits
and offer better preparation before the journey that makes it easier to journey.
The rest of the Everyday program also strengthens you to be able to journey better.
- the 2018 syllabus, the last time it was taught by founder Mary "Tyrtle" Rooker; and
- the course description page by Stephanie Seger.
Note that her title for the Everyday series is "Soul Compass".
- Alexandria, VA: Stephanie Seger (webinar options may be available) Website | Email Stephanie | Call/text (571) 306-3197
- Columbia, MD: Carla Gates Email Carla | Call/text (410) 370-4768
- Louisa, VA: Kim Gerlach (webinar options may be available) Email Kim | Call/text (540) 308-5616
- Springfield, VA: Wanda Hudgins Email Wanda | Call/text (571) 228-3707
To learn more about shamanism on your own, see Links and Resources.
| Workshops |
Healing | Journeying |
Food & Spirituality |
rooker, green turtle, green tyrtle, shamanism, takoma park, bothandian